Rockabilly Pretty

I'm going to start by saying that I don't love rockabilly. It's not historically accurate. It's too sexy. I think most rockabilly ladies would look better with less tattoos and piercings. And I never got the 40s victory rolls with a 50s inspired outfit.

But there are somethings I find really inspiring about rockabilly fashion.


Rockabilly has such excitement! It takes a small snipet of the rock 'n roll, youth counterculture of the 50s and reinvents it with all of the advantages of the 21st century. Stretch fabrics! Airbrush makeup! Crazy high heels! Bold hair colors!


Speaking of hair, these girls have it going on! It's always so perfect and striking! Whether night black, bleach blonde, fire engine red or bold pink, it always makes a statement.


And the make up is gorgeous! Really, these girls have skills! I must learn how to do this.


They are so creative and push boundaries! This girl has a yarn and knitting needle fascinator! Eep!


But they are not all over the top glamor. They know how to do casual and still look fabulous.


What do you love about rockabilly? What parts could you live without?