Namer Heavy APC. Missing in action.


The pic above is of the NAMER Heavy APC.

I've been doing my best to keep up with things in the Middle East.  In particular the coming ground war between the Israeli's and Palestinians.  I've seen Merkava 3 & 4's.  I've seen heavily upgraded M-113's.  I've seen Achzarit's modified T-55 APC's, but I haven't seen the NAMER.  It could be that I've simply missed it and they're on the line like everything else waiting for orders to cross the line.  Or it could be that the Israeli's don't think that this is the vehicle to take into a heavily defended urban area to hook and jab with the enemy.

If the Israeli's decided not to employ the Namer in this conflict then it tells us more than any Think Tank about the wisdom of heavy APC's.

I could be wrong.  It might be on the line.  But if it isn't then US Army procurement efforts need to be looked at in a different light.