Maritime Support Vessel???

Major Hat Tip to Leesea.

Via fbo.gov

Added: Nov 16, 2012 8:28 amMilitary Sealift Command (MSC) requests a US flagged vessel which shall function as a Maritime Support Vessel (MSV). The vessel shall serve host to fifty (50) sponsor personnel with the ability to surge an additional one hundred fifty-nine (159) personnel, for a total of two hundred nine (209) sponsor personnel, within twenty-four (24) hours notice. Please see attached for more information. NOTE: This requirement was synopsized, and a draft solicitation was posted, under Solicitation Number N00033-12-R-2015.
Military Sealift Command is looking for a MSV?  First I heard of this.  The surge number of personnel is curious too.  Specifically one hundred fifty-nine?

Interesting.  I assumed that the USS Ponce experiment was a failure, now that is all but confirmed.  But why it failed is beyond me.  If I were to guess I would think it had to do with accommodations for the Special Ops Personnel.  Either way this bears watching.  Are we being setup for a modded JHSV?  I just don't know.