50s Fab!

I had my first Thanksgiving dinner of the season on Sunday. (Only 3 more to go!) I was stitching away the night before to get this dress finished and it ended up super cute!


Fabric: polyester something ($3.50/yd)
Pattern: Simplicity 1097
Year: 1950s
Notions: zipper ($2), buttons ($3)
First worn: November '12
Wear again? Yes, to one of my many more Thanksgivings at least. The fabric is a bit stiff so it's not the easiest dress to wear, but other than that it's quite comfy. I may make a self fabric belt at some point but it's a pretty busy print so I don't know.



I did a combo of view 1 (collar with trim) and view 2 (pockets!) because I need pockets on dresses whenever possible.


The weather was super nice so I grabbed the chance to get some outdoor shots!


I also wore one of my vintage 50s hats. I haven't been wearing many hats since I got my pixie cut and I'm still trying to find the best way to do my hair with them, but it put me in a super good mood all day so hats must come back into my life!