Ember Teaser!

A little teaser from Ember (Death Collectors, Book 1) Available August 25th!

Asher breathes violently as he clutches his hand. “I’m sorry Ember… I just.”

I grab his hand.  “Phil’s about to call the cops.” I lead him quickly toward the back door. “I can’t get caught in this mess. I’m already on probation.”

I shove open the door and we breathe fresh air. The door slams shut and the noise from the bar fight suffocates. The back parking lot is secluded from the highway and the sky is black. The lights from the neon signs flash across our faces, making us look ghostly.

Asher faces me, breathing heavily, his eyes untamed. “I’m sorry Ember. I didn’t mean for things to get so out of hand.”

My heart knocks in my chest. I feel alive, high on adrenaline. “It’s okay. Trust me when I say I’m used to bar fights.” I touch the tip of my finger to his bottom lip. “You cut your lip open.” I wipe the blood away and I start to pull my hand back.  But he covers it with his and presses it against his lips. He kisses my palm and his eyes penetrate me, making me feel exposed. Our breaths quicken, in sync and matching each other’s desire.

Then he kisses me.

My first kiss. And it’s as beautiful and exciting as everyone makes it out to be.

Maybe even better.

He covers my lips with his, quickly, like how he moved during the fight. But his touch is gentle. My skin ignites with heat and I wrap my hands around his waist. My lips part. His tongue slides in and he caresses the roof of my mouth with his tongue ring. I let out a moan.

He pulls back slightly, and I worry he’s repulsed by my enjoyment. But then he growls, wraps his fingers around my thighs, and picks me up. I enclose my legs around his waist as he continues to taste every inch of my mouth and back us against the wall, beneath the shadows and florescent lights. There is no space left between our bodies and I can feel every inch of him. His kisses bring me a feeling of ecstasy for the first time in my life.

His hands are in my hair, and trail down my neck, finally settling on my hips. He slips a hand up the back of my shirt and the contact sends a jolt of electricity down my spine. He holds onto me like I’m his lifeline, as if letting me go will kill him.

He groans against my swollen lips and steals my breath away. It’s like we’ve unleashed a hungry animal in each of us. But the sound of the sirens makes him pull back, although it looks like he doesn’t want to. His eyes are as black as coals and his lips are swollen.

“We should get out of here,” he whispers, looking like he might kiss me again.