Intro to New Blog: The Viewing Project


Now that the Chronology Project is complete, and our chronological episode list is done. It's time for the fun part... watching the saga unfold from the beginning! During this journey, I'll be writing down my thoughts and musings on anything from specific episoides to far-reaching story-arcs to the wonder of Star Trek in general.

The main question I'll be asking at the beginning will be: "What if there had never been Star Trek before this?

That's really the point of this whole viewing project. To re-create the wonder of watching Trek unfold, as if for the first time! To that end, I will be blogging from that point of view. Trying (as best as I can)  to view the saga from the perspective of someone who hasn't seen it before.

There will, of course be times when I will choose to break from this mold and comment as the long-time Trekkie that I really am. Within the blog entiries I will indicated these sections using italics.

My entries will be somewhat irregular, as I will not be comment on each-and-every episode, and my schedule will allow more to less Trek watching at certain times throughout the year. Even so, I will endevour to post on a relatively frequent basis as much as possible. At the end of each entry, I will elude to the topic of the next at the bottom in the form of "Next: ____" 

I encourage anyone to comment on posts, and share your thoughts as we go through the chronology. Enjoy the ride. I know I will :)

And now... we boldly go!