A teaser from The Vision (Fallen Star Series, Book 3)

I gripped the door handle. “Oh, I’m going to save the world,” I assured him with an alarming amount of confidence. “I’m going to go up to my room and read that book from cover to cover until I find out how to get a hold of this Purple Flame.”
He gave me an intense look that made me squirm in my skin.
“What?” I asked, shaking my head at the breathlessness of my voice.
He shrugged. “It’s nothing, it’s just that you have this take charge attitude…and I kind of like it.”
I made no reaction as I opened my door. “Well, you need to stop looking at me like that.”
He kept looking at me the same way. “I’ll try, but I can’t promise anything.”
I tried not to smile, because I knew it was wrong, but as I turned my back to him to climb out of the car, I couldn’t do anything but smile.